Saturday, February 13, 2016

Visual Journal #4- Space Man

Questions
Did you try something that you weren’t sure about as part of this journal page?
   For this visual journal, I wasn't too sure about the watercolor. In previous experiences, whenever I had used watercolor directly on my journal it had made the paper too soggy and it didn't blend well with other colors because the paper was so soaked already. However, this time around I used newspaper as part of the background and it help some sorts. I believe it is just the way I applied the color that made a difference. I didn't add all of watercolor all at once, instead I did it periodically and I would dab it with a paper towel to soak up the excess water. I simply put layers upon layers of color.


Did you pick a material or technique that was new or different over something that was familiar?
  I used watercolor over soft pastels when creating the outpace look. Looking at my past work, I've relied on soft pastels to create such a vibrate galaxy look but I used that media a lot so I decided on something new. In addition, I used newspaper in this artwork. Originally, I had something else planned for it but it just was not working out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment